Tuesday 22 July 2008

A Strange and Terrible Place

Brasilian footballer Emerson's wife once described northern industrial hellhole Middlesborough as a strange and terrible place. Quite aptly, I believe. Now that its time to leave Levin, I can't wait to get away from this unfriendly town where it does nothing but rain.

We are all ready to make the move down south. I have finished work. The house is sold. Everything was packed up yesterday and has been taken away. The crossing is booked. We are out of here tomorrow.

Today has been a bit stressful. Lily has been behaving like a typical two year old and refusing to do anything. We've been camping out in the house without much in the way of anything. Worst of all, the dogs ate my chocolate. One and a half giant 250g bars of it (a leaving present from work). I was so cross when I got home to find the empty wrappers scattered across the floor. Chocolate's really bad for dogs as well so I hope they aren't too ill for the 3 hour ferry crossing on choppy waters tomorrow. I would hate to have to fork out for the vet as well.

No comments: